Program: Bachelor in Caregiving Management (BCM)
Goals of the School of Healthcare Services:
- Attain AACCUP higher level of accredited status in Bachelor in Caregiving Management
- Continuously provide instruction through a responsive and relevant curriculum that will produce effective facilitators of learning
- Employ faculty with appropriate Master’s and Doctorate degree and/or National Competency in the different areas of concentration
- Continuously exhibit and nurture a culture of excellence
- Initiate and undertake research in healthcare and allied fields
- Involve both the faculty and students in conducting educational researches
- Link with both private and public organizations/agencies in conducting educational researches
- Present research outputs in conferences, fora, etc.
- Continuously conduct extension activities involving faculty and students
- Collaborate and share expertise with local and global entities
- Present extension activities to appropriate bodies
- Collaborate with the Campus Resource Generation Unit (CRGU) as regards income generation to augment the School Fund
The Bachelor in Caregiving Management (BCM) degree program shall:
- produce globally competent and quality graduates who have acquired appropriate knowledge and technical skills, have developed personal and social values and adaptive to the work environment;
- inculcate in its students the value of independent and life-long learning;
- provide valuable services to and share expertise and facilities with various stakeholders on the transfer and promotion of healthcare services for local, regional and national benefit; and
- harness and undertake relevant healthcare researches directed towards mission-critical, public-service-sensitive, development-management-supportive and revenue-generating areas.
In the light of the foregoing general objectives, the Bachelor in Caregiving Management (BCM) specifically aims to produce the following sequential levels of competencies:
1) Acquisition of competencies to achieve knowledge, skills and positive attitudes in the provision of care and support to infants, toddlers, and older children; 2) enhancement of knowledge on social, intellectual, emotional and cognitive developments of these age groups; 3) emphasis on the maintenance of healthy and safe environmental concepts on home management and nutrition; and 4) acquisition of competencies and skills in the field of Child Care NC II.
1) Acquisition of competencies and application of basic skills to provide care, support and services to the elderly; 2) learning the support and assistance needed to maintain quality life and for meeting daily needs like nourishment, mobility, personal hygiene and emotional support; and 3) acquisition of competencies and skills in the field of Professional Caregiving NC II.
Provision of knowledge, principles and experiences that are necessary for the demands and rewarding challenges of youth management. It includes integrated coverage of concepts to manage and deal with youth and youngsters in the community through guidance and counseling and other youth programs.
1) Acquisition of competencies, skills and attitudes for student internship and professional practice; 2) provision of support and assistance to maintain quality care for people with special needs; 3) enhancement of abilities in communication and independence; 4 ) provision of concepts on physical, medical, health and safety, personal care and home maintenance requirements of people with disabilities; opportunities for professional growth and its sustainability to improve qualifications and experiences; and 5) to put into heart and mind the practice of the Code of Ethics in Healthcare Services.
Hence, upon completion of this degree program, the students with the necessary competencies perform the duties, responsibilities and acquired attitude relevant to the job titles of: Software Developer, Multimedia Authoring Specialist/Programmer, Computer Animation Expert, Robotics Technology Specialist, Applications Developer, Information Technology Instructor, Information Security Specialist, Quality Assurance Specialist, and Systems Developer.